Flu Vaccination 2020- 2021
Booking flu vaccine appts guidance:
- Our phone lines are very busy dealing with urgent appointment requests between 8am – 11am. If you are eligible for a flu vaccination, please call us after 11am to book your appointment
- There is no need to rush to telephone, as we will have enough vaccine to go around and will be holding clinics throughout Oct and Nov. We will let you know when further clinics are available.
- If you can’t get through the first time you try, please try again later, or on another day.
- The clinics will be added as each flu stock delivery date is confirmed. We don’t want to book clinics and then have to cancel them.
- Our reception team are trying very hard to help you all, please be a patient patient. They are doing their best and working in very busy times.
- Following COVID guidance and to keep everyone safe, please don’t come to the practice to book an appt for a flu vaccine. We are keeping patient attendances to a minimum with only those who have to be seen for clinical reasons.
Adult Flu Vaccinations
Flu vaccination appointments for patients aged 65 and over are now available to book on Saturday 3rd and Saturday 10th October.
We also have limited appointments on Saturday 10th October for eligible patients aged 18-64 years old.
Please contact reception using our online form to book an appointment.
Much more vaccine stock will be delivered over the next 6-8 weeks, and we will be adding additional clinics as soon as the delivery dates are confirmed.
It is essential that you book an appointment time in order to receive a flu vaccination at the surgery.
We will be vaccinating all of our care and nursing homes, housebound patients and those age 80 and over at home, and will be in contact directly about this.
Childrens Flu Vaccinations
We have now received our first delivery of children’s flu vaccines for eligible children and have appointments to book by telephoning our reception teams. All children age 2-3 years old, and all at risk children up to the age of 18 can have a flu vaccination at the surgery.
We will add more clinics as more vaccines become available, so if there isn’t a free appointment straight away, there will be soon.
Text messages will be sent to the mobile numbers attached to the eligible children patient record over the next few days.
All school aged children up to 7 years old are vaccinated at the school clinics, not at the surgery.